Chief Financial Officer
Traditional marketing and customer relationship techniques leveraged in the real estate rental market have been changing and evolving for decades. In modern times, these methods have grown exponentially more complicated with every technological advance. The availability of daily and weekly newspapers, classified advertisements, the internet, and Craigslist have helped property managers reach respective buyers more quickly and seamlessly than ever before. But with these evolutions comes the need for more complicated marketing strategies and tools -- something property managers are ill-equipped to solve on their own.
Buyers have more knowledge and power than ever before because they can access information and publish reviews at any time from their mobile devices. This has created an extremely complicated, time consuming, inefficient, hard to measure, and ever changing landscape for digital marketers -- particularly for companies with a growing portfolio of properties. In today’s increasingly mobile and social world, reaching and converting customers can be extremely complicated, time consuming, and hard to measure.
These companies need guidance to find innovative ways to simplify the complexity of digital marketing so that they can capitalize on the opportunity that it represents, and they are fundamentally not built to succeed in this category.
G5 is the leading provider of digital marketing effectiveness in the property management sector. In today’s increasingly mobile and social world, reaching and converting prospects is more complex than ever before. G5 simplifies the complexity of digital marketing with an innovative cloud-based platform that creates, measures, and optimizes the entire customer experience -- from awareness to advocacy -- for a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing approaches. The G5 Marketing Cloud delivers best-in-class experiences across search, sites, and social, as well as tools that measure and optimize results. This enables owners and operators of Multifamily, Self Storage, Senior Living, and Student Housing properties to increase demand, revenue, and net operating income. This new buyer market can be easier and more economical than ever before provided companies have the right digital tools.
G5 focuses on helping customers in the property management sector maximize digital marketing effectiveness by driving more qualified leads with higher conversion rates. These optimizations are achieved without the need of internal hiring of experts — G5 provides both the platform and the services and support to thrive. We also help our customers tap into the selling power of their fans so that they reap the rewards of customer reviews.
* The Platform: At the core of the G5 Marketing Cloud is a highly innovative, scalable, and up-to-date digital marketing platform. Because digital marketing is constantly changing, our cloud-based platform was designed to ensure that you always have the latest technology updates for search, security, and speed, as well as the latest design updates to respond to changes in buying behavior and trends.
* Services and Support: G5 offers a suite of services, including: Creative Services, Client Services, Digital Advertising and SEO, and Customer Support & Training to ensure their clients get the most out of the cutting edge platform, including the tools and analytics to measure that impact. In this complicated age of digital marketing, the guidance and partnership the G5 team provides is just one of many ways they delight their customers and ensure their success.
G5 was founded in 2005 with one thing in mind -- improving return on investment on digital marketing spend while increasing customer’s net operating income -- and the company has not wavered from that commitment. The original focus was search marketing, but the focus now spans the entire digital journey with best-of-class solutions for sites, search, social, and advocacy. We are PE backed, pushing $30M in revenue and located in beautiful Bend, Oregon.
Today G5 has over 230 employees who have been trained to think like owners and operators in your market. Because of that, we have achieved an average customer retention rate of 98%. G5 is proud of that because it means our customers are happy and their businesses are thriving. Nearly 500 customers and over 6,000 properties depend on G5 to maximize occupancy while decreasing market spend. G5 attributes its high customer satisfaction and success to its organizational culture driven by its core values.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will be play a critical role in partnering with the executive leadership team and board of directors in strategic decision making and operations as G5 continues to enhance its quality offerings and undergo substantial growth and value creation. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, participatory manager who will lead the Finance, Contracts, Budgeting and Risk Management Team. As part of the G5 executive leadership team, the CFO will ensure realization of the organization’s strategic goals.
* Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
* Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors
* Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes to keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
* Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
* Member of Executive Leadership Team responsible for influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, product development and financial forecasting
* Responsible for all financial and accounting functions including policy development and implementation, financial systems development and management, financial reporting, treasury, audit, business insurance and tax
* Implement a robust contracts management and financial management reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements
* Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
* Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters of the Board of Directors
* Develop financial reporting tools to provide service line, product, vertical, and key customer account level profitability reports.
* Lead Executive Team effort to maximize margins by above customer/product segments.
* Lead business operations team direction on optimizing various departments throughout the organization per strategic plan.
* Measure, analyze and present operating financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate increase in productivity.